Strategies for Pursuing Continued Education
Owning a business is a time-consuming pursuit; many entrepreneurs credit their success to education but struggle to find the time to continue learning while also managing their business. In a recent article for Entrepreneur, Scott Langdon offers some tips for business owners who want to pursue further education.
- Let someone else handle some of your responsibilities—Pass some things off in order to open up more time for your education.
- Offer a personal education day—This gives you and your employees the opportunity to pursue some continued education.
- Try just one class—Though this is a step-down from even part-time schooling, it is important for you to be able to find a balance between work and school.
- Create a schedule—This means mapping out your business life, personal life, and free time; developing a full picture will allow you to determine how much, if any, schooling you have time to take on.
- Make sure you have support—This will help keep you from becoming overwhelmed.
- Don’t discount your everyday learning—Formal education is not the only pathway to learning; owning your own business will teach you plenty—and give you a foot up if and when you do return to school!
For more details, see the article in its entirety at Entrepreneur.